AMG Labor and Employment Law Department
The labor and employment law firm of Adsuar Muñiz Goyco Seda & Perez-Ochoa, P.S.C. (AMG) has been providing cost effective legal advice for its clients since 1995. Emphasis is placed in prevention, positive outcome, and the effective administration of the human resource.
AMG's labor and employment law department is directed by its founder, Mr. Edwin J. Seda-Fernández. Mr. Luis Pérez-Giusti is the other shareholder in the Department. Ms. Mariel Haack-Pizarro and Ms. Liana Gutiérrez-Irizarry are the Department's junior partners. Ms. Katyana Farokhzadeh-López and Ms. Verónica M. Torres are the Department's associates. Mr. César Rosario, a shareholder in the Tax and Corporate practice provides counseling to clients in the areas of payroll withholdings, ERISA, and pension related matters.
Our areas of practice include:
- Labor Law and Collective Bargaining, including guidance about elections, work stoppages, strike contingencies, labor contracts and arbitration claims before both the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Puerto Rico Department of Labor;
- Employment Law and Litigation, including the prevention of litigation and issues relating to employment contracts, non-compete agreements, discrimination charges based on age, sex, race, political affiliations, disability and country of origin, unjust dismissal/wrongful dismissal, wage and hour issues, retaliation and sexual harassment. Our firm also provides aggressive litigation and trial counsel (both in local and federal court) to businesses facing allegations relating to areas of employment law.
- Business Immigration, including legal help with issues relating to employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visas such as H visas, L visas, employment-based permanent residence petitions (green cards), investor visas, exchange visitor programs for business trainees, and the establishment of employer immigration law compliance systems
Our experienced lawyers can work effectively to help your firm bring in the specialized talent it needs for its Puerto Rican operations. We can also work to resolve disputes with employees and with government agencies, including:
- The Human Resources' Anti Discrimination Unit
- The Negociado de Normas del Trabajo
- The Oficina de Mediación y Adjudicación
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- The Corporación del Fondo del Seguro del Estado
If your business is facing labor law or employment-related concerns, contact Adsuar Muñiz Goyco Seda & Perez-Ochoa, P.S.C.